Monday, June 16, 2008

The Power of Prayer

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. Philippians 1:18,19

I just got done praying for a friend of mine. I was supposed to pray from 11:30 to 12:00. His name is Stef Tarapchak. We prayed for him before. He is having his second surgery since being diagnosed with cancer almost a year ago. I’m just one of 45 others who have signed up to pray for him throughout the day. I’m sure there are many more praying for him both here and all across the country.

The apostle Paul knew the importance of prayer. He said it, along with the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ, was critical for his joy and deliverance, (Philippians 1:18,19). If it was critical for Paul in the first century it is critical for us in the 21st century. I hope then you will take a moment to pray for Stef and Sandi and for the rest of their family and friends as we “wait upon the Lord.” Thanks.

No comments: