- First is surround yourself with people who bring joy. ie., "therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, . . ." (v.1a)
- Second, stay on task, ie., "let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." (v.1c)
- Third, strip down to the essentials. ie., "let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles us. . ." (v.1b)
- Fourth, stay focused on Jesus, ie., "let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scoring it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (v.2)
- Fifth, stick with it. "Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." (v.3)
Which one do you need to do? For me I need to do more of the first one, I need to surround myself with people who bring joy. Life can get pretty serious. I need people who will laugh with me and yes even at me sometimes, so I can guard my joy in the journey.