Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Is Tressel being Thrown Under the Bus?


Ok, I’m just sick over Coach Tressel’s resignation. Has OSU thrown him under the bus? Is their “brand” worth more than their belief in an individual? Yes, he made a mistake, a big one, but we all make mistakes. It won’t justify his behavior, but I would love to know why he lied? Was it to protect his reputation and future or was it was to protect his players? Or was it something else? I know there is no “legitimate” reason, but there are reasons and I would love to hear them from him before I throw the first stone.

I also wish that OSU would be different than every other University and organization and work to restore him rather than throw him under the bus, even if he crawled under the bus himself, Galatians 6:1

 1 Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

1 comment:

Chad Sturgill said...

Great Points Denny! I too hate that a good man like Tressel seems to be taking one for the team when it is clear that everyone knew what was going on but no one wanted to talk about it or admit it. Now that he is in the spotlight he is an easy target. Brings back bad memories of Jim O'Brien. I liked him too and hated to see him go like he did.