People today are increasingly hopeless. Hopelessness is nothing new however. Jesus’ disciples found themselves in a situation where they felt hopeless. In this mornings message at Journey Church, Dr. Bill Brown of Cedarville University shared from John 14:1-6, a message Hope for the Journey. Below are a couple of questions you and your “House Church” or spiritual friends can use them to discuss this weeks message. You can also hear the message again on the Journey Church “new” website.
1. What is one of your favorite apocalyptic movies?
2. What things “trouble” you when you think about the future?
3. Read John 11:32-35; 12:27-28; 13:21. What things “troubled” Jesus?
4. Read John 14:1-6. What things “troubled” the disciples? What hope did Jesus give His disciples?
5. What did Jesus say to His disciples that encourages you to face tomorrow?