Monday, April 5, 2010

I Never Imagined. . .



20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, Ephesians 3:20

I don’t know if I lack vision or if God just wants to surprise me, but most of what happens to me is more than I could even ask or imagine. Truth is I like it that way. I would hate for God to do only what I could ask for or imagine. So yesterday He “surprised” me again. He surprised me by doing a number of things that I couldn’t ask for or even imagine.

I never imagined. . .

• That people would find us on Easter, even though we were meeting at a different location.
• That we could consume 12 gallons of Starbucks coffee and 10 dozen Krispy Kreme in less than 15 minutes
• That volunteers would happily “move” the whole church from one location to another just for one service.
• That people would invite their family and friends to a church that didn’t have a building. . .and they would come!
• That my granddaughter (and her mom and dad) would visit on Easter so I could “show her off” to the church.
• That my wife would love God, me, and the ministry enough to stay up way past midnight to finish my PowerPoint.

But as good as that is I never imagined . . .

• That God would love me so much to send His son Jesus to became “what we are, so that He could make us what He is,” Isaiah 53:5
• And that I could have the opportunity each week to encourage others with the same encouragement that God encourages me with, 2 Corinthians 1:4

And most importantly I never imagined that

• the tomb is empty and HE IS ALIVE!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Very cool! I too am thankful for how God does more than I can imagine...life would seem at times boring and repeative. But PTL, God's imagination is fresh, new and always changing! :)

Unknown said...

Denny - i read your blog today and was struck by how your thoughts and experiences connected with mine lately. Eccl 3:10-11 talks about God's creation, his timing, and how we cannot fathom all that God is doing throughout eternity. I'm glad i can't "figure out" God... His sunrises, sunsets, quiet times, moments with family & friends, answers to prayer, mercies, etc... are new every day! Darrel