II know it's not Thanksgiving but I "stumbled" across this the other day and thought it was too good to wait to share next year so here it is today. It might be good to remember as we prepare our hearts for Christmas.
I Am Thankful For...
- For the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching TV, because that means he is at home and not on the streets.
- For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- For the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
- For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- For my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking, and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.
- For the lady behind me in my place of worship when she sings off key, because it means that I can hear.
- For the pile of laundry and ironing, because it means I have clothes to wear.
- For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
- For too much e-mail, because it means I have friends who are thinking of me.